Amaco Celadon Glaze C56 Lavender 473ml is a transparent mid-fire cone 5/6 glaze that pools and accents textured ware stunningly.
Like the beautiful ancient glazes they are modelled after, AMACO’s Celadon glazes are glossy, transparent, and pool wonderfully to add vivid accents to textured and carved surfaces.
AMACO’s Celadon glazes come in many joyous colours and are 100% mixable, so you can create your own unique colours when creativity calls for it!
Firing Range: Cone 5 – 6
Food Safety: AP Food-safe and Dinnerware Safe when fired. Tableware producers must test all finished ware to establish dinnerware status, due to possible variations in firing temperature and contamination.
See product label for additional firing and application information for individual glazes.
- Mix well.
- Apply 3 coats of glaze to ware. Allowing each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire to cone 5/6 as follows.
- Cone 5 = 1184°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Cone 6 = 1241°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Translucent for textured surfaces
- Mixable colours for custom palette
- AP food-safe and dinnerware safe once fired
- Look great under AMACO Potters Choice Glazes (3 coat/ 3 coat)
Note: Pictured chip results were fired in Oxidation at cone 5/6 on White Stoneware Clay.
AMACO Brent Celadon Glazes
Volumetric Mixing with AMACO Celadon Glazes
Glazing with Celadons: PART 1
Top 5 Ways to use AMACO Celadons