Amaco Cosmos Glaze CO08 Dark Star 473ml is a fluid, dark matte glaze with iridescent crystals like a beetle shell. Breaks translucent.
A BRAND NEW cone 5/6 glaze line that exhibits unique and captivating visual effects reminiscent of cosmic or otherworldly phenomena.
The Cosmos glazes are meticulously crafted to capture the mesmerizing beauty of crystalline glazes in every brushstroke. Transform your pottery into celestial masterpieces that sparkle with the brilliance of distant galaxies.
These glazes can be fired in a normal medium-speed firing with no special cooling schedule required. To take this glaze to the next level, use a controlled cooling scheduled for increased crystal growth
Firing Range: Cone 5/6
Food Safety: AP Food-safe, but due to durability, these glazes are not recommended for food surfaces. Tableware producers must test all finished ware to establish dinnerware status, due to possible variations in firing temperature and contamination.
See product label for additional firing and application information for individual glazes.
- Mix well.
- Apply 4 coats of glaze to cone 04 bisqueware. Allowing each coat to dry before applying the next coat. For best results, leave the inside or back of the form unglazed.
- Fire to cone 5/6 as follow.
- Note: CO8 Dark Star performs best at cone 6 but can be fired to cone 5.
- Cone 5 = 1184°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Cone 6 = 1241°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- These glazes are prone to running so we recommend stopping your glaze about half an inch above the foot. You can also use a drip tray or soft bricks to protect kiln shelves.
- Otherworldly iridescent crystalline surface finishes.
- Glaze formulation is fluid or highly fluid depending on selected swatch.
- Can be applied ontop of underglazes, such as the Amaco Velvets range.
- These glazes can be fired in a normal medium-speed firing with no special cooling schedule required.
- Or to take them to the next level, use a controlled cooling scheduled for increased crystal growth.
Glazing with Amaco: Cosmos Glazes!