Add fluid colours and effects to smooth or textured ware with Amaco Potters Choice Glaze PC1 Saturation Metallic 473ml. Fires to Cone 5/6. With limitless layering combinations!
The Amaco Potters Choice glaze series was designed with the potter in mind! These stunning glazes add fluid colours and effects to smooth or textured ware, with optimal results at Cone 5/6. To use these glazes is to step into different ceramic glaze traditions of many cultures throughout history. Check out our PC Layering charts to see all the amazing results you can try in your own studio!
Firing Range: Cone 5 – 6
Food Safety: All Potters Choice Glazes are AP Food Safe and dinnerware safe with the exclusion of PC-4 Palladium and PC-64 Adventurine. All AP glazes are safe for spray application except PC-29 Deep Olive Speckle, PC-52 Deep Sienna Speckle, PC-59 Deep Firebrick, and PC-63 Cosmic Tea Dust.
- Reduction Effects in Oxidation
- Variety of Colours and Surfaces
- Limitless Layering Combinations!
As Amaco Potter’s Choice glazes need to be applied at a certain thickness to bring out their true beauty, Amaco recommends reviewing their application tips (located under the resource tab) for achieving the best results.
- Mix well.
- Apply 3 coats of glaze to ware.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire to cone 5/6 as follows.
- Cone 5 = 1184°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Cone 6 = 1241°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
See product label for additional firing and application information for individual glazes.
Note: Pictured chip results were fired to cone 5 on AMACO 46-M Buff Stoneware Clay.