Amaco Satin Matte Glaze SM20 Light Blue 473ml is a mid-fire cone 5/6 glaze that breaks slightly over texture and edges and boasts a soft satin feel.
Amaco Satin Matte glazes are formulated to be 100% mixable, and can be mixed with Clear Satin, Satin Black and Satin White to create an array of new tones, tints and shades.
Firing Range: Cone 5 – 6
Food Safety: AP Food-safe and Dinnerware Safe when fired. Tableware producers must test all finished ware to establish dinnerware status, due to possible variations in firing temperature and contamination.
See product label for additional firing and application information for individual glazes.
- Mix well.
- Apply 3 coats of glaze to ware. Allowing each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire to cone 5/6 as follows.
- Cone 5 = 1184°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Cone 6 = 1241°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Satin Matte Surfaces
- Mixable colours for custom palette
- AP food-safe and dinnerware safe once fired
Note: Pictured chip results were fired in Oxidation at cone 5/6 on White Stoneware Clay.
Glazing With Amaco Satin Matte Glazes
Mixing Amaco Satin Mattes for custom colours
Mixing Satin Matte Glazes Tips & Tricks: PART 1
Mixing Satin Matte Glazes Tips & Tricks: PART 2