Mayco Designer Liner Orange SG408
Mayco Designer Liner is a non-dimensional heavily pigmented, clay based product similar to a transluent underglaze.
The unique metal writer tip allows for ultimate control to draw ultra-fine or bold lines, typography and detailed illustrations.
Size: 37ml squeeze bottle (includes metal writing tip)
- Works Great at Low-Fire and Mid-Range Temperatures (Cone 06- Cone 6)
- Great for writing text
- Perfect for fine detail illustration
- AP Non-Toxic, Food Safe and Dinnerware Safe when clear glaze is applied. Porous when left unglazed.
- Shake bottle to force colour down into the tip.
- To initiate the flow of colour, squeeze a little colour onto a practice surface such as a paper towel. Once an even flow has been established, use a steady, even pressure to begin detailing.
- Apply onto bisque or unfired glaze and then apply a clear glaze.
- Apply with a liner brush for fine outlining or brush strokes.
- Fire to shelf cone 05/06 (1031°C/999°C) or up to cone 6 (1222°C). Designer Liner is food safe with clear glaze applied on top, AP Non-Toxic and Non Hazardous when used under normal conditions.
- Store Designer Liners with the straight metal pin (provided) inserted into the metal tip. An alternative method is to remove the metal tip and clean thoroughly, replacing the plastic cap onto the Mayco Designer Liner
- Don't throw away the metal pin which comes with your Designer Liner. The pin is useful kept in the metal writer tip when the product is not in use to keep the product from drying and clogging.
- Designer Liner is best used under non-moving transparent or semi-transparent glazes.
- Designer Liner is not a dimensional product and should not be applied too thick or heavy, or it can crack or come off your piece.
- If the product begins to dry in the bottle you can add a few drops of water to regain the correct viscosity.
Further Product Information
- Designer Liner enables the artist to achieve crisp, non-moving line work at cone 06-6 temperatures. To ensure sharpness in line quality, use a non-moving translucent or clear glaze over the top of Designer Liner. Fires to a matte finish without a glaze over the top.
- The Mayco Designer liners are not a glaze but closer to a translucent underglaze.
- If used on a food item clear glaze would need to be applied over top.
- Designer Liners can be used for fine detailing.
- Mayco Designer Liners are not designed for dimensional effect or for wide outlining. If applied to thick this product will crack and pop off.
All about Designer Liner!
Designer Liner - Samples & Demo
Easy to use. Fine needle. Don’t touch the clay surface when decorating.
Was this review helpful?