Duncan Cover Coats Underglaze CC190 Baby Blue 473ml is versatile and simple to apply to bisque or greenware.
These underglazes provide solid opaque coverage, and can be layered, or even mixed with other Cover Coat colours or Duncan E-Z Stroke Translucent Underglazes to create new custom colours.
Firing Range: Cone 06 to Cone 6 (Refer to Mid Range Performance Index for expected firing results).
- For opaque coverage, apply 2-3 coats to greenware, soft-fired bisque or cone 04 bisque.
- Fire to shelf cone 04 to permanently adhere Cover Coats to ware.
- Apply clear glaze if desired and fire to shelf cone 06.
- Clean up with water.
Food Safety: Cover Coat Underglazes fire to an opaque, porous matte finish and are food-safe when a Duncan food-safe clear glaze is applied over them.
- Water based formula makes cleanup simple
- Great for use in school classrooms, ceramic studios, cafes
- Can be mixed with other colours/glazes to create custom colours
- Can be layered
- Food-safe when coated in a food-safe clear glaze
- Great affordable price!
- Cover Coat colours may be tinted using EZ Strokes or other Cover Coat colours to create unique custom hues.
- To create carved designs, a.k.a. sgraffito, gently scratch through the applied colour to reveal the colour or the clay body beneath it.
- Painting with Cover Coat Underglazes is similar to painting with acrylic paints and is a great fired alternative for a tole and decorative painter. Colours are opaque and generally one colour covers the one beneath it. They must be fired to ensure maturation and stability.
- Clear glazes over all shows the truest colours.
- Cover Coat Underglazes are perfect for airbrushing and brushwork.
- Great for layering because they dry quickly and can be painted over without lifting the colours underneath.