Remember when “cracking” was a bad thing? Sidewalks, windows, cups … That’s a thing of the past, thanks to Duncan Crackles Glazes! These specially formulated glazes create cracks similar to crazing when fired, resulting in a distinctive aged, antique look.
For extra depth, highlight the cracks created in the firing by antiquing the piece with ink or acrylic paint.
- Apply 2 coats of Duncan Crackle Glaze to cone 04 bisque and dryfoot (omit glaze from bottom of piece).
- For Low Fire, fire to shelf cone 06.
- Crackle pattern will appear as the kiln cools and continue long after the piece has been fired and removed from the kiln.
- To enhance the crackle pattern, put India ink or acrylic paint onto ware and wipe back with a soft cloth.
- CR 823 Celadon Crackle is not overglaze compatible.