Duncan Renaissance Glaze RG719 Rutile Haze 473ml
Specially formulated for cone 5-6 firings, Duncan Renaissance Glazes bring your pieces to life with rustic hues and one-of-a-kind colour breaks. Ideal for stoneware, porcelain, greenware and bisque, this mid-range glaze family is safe for food containers and is overglaze compatible for a truly unique creative experience.
- Results will vary with each application and firing.
- Duncan Renaissance Glazes are nontoxic and food safe.
- Can be mixed and layered with other Duncan colour families for one-of-a-kind effects.
How to Use:
- Mix well.
- Apply 2-3 coats to stoneware or porcelain in greenware or bisque stages. Dryfoot piece.
- Fire to shelf cone 5-6.
- Do not silt the piece.
- Water cleanup.
Tips & Techniques:
Colour Burst Crystal Chips Mid-Range Technique
- Place an amount of the Colour Burst Crystals on a plate or in a bowl, pour out a small amount of glaze onto the foam plate or foil and mix in an amount of the Crystals.
- Load the glaze with crystals on the brush and apply, moving the crystals around for the desired placement. A heavier concentration of crystals will cause more colour intensity and movement from the crystals, a lighter or more spaced amount of crystals will create a more dotted pattern of crystal bursts, and larger crystal chunks will create a larger colour burst and flow, as a small crystal will create a tiny colour spot.
- Let dry thoroughly.
- Fire to cone 5 or 6.
Porcelain and Stoneware - Please refer to Duncans "Mid-Range Performance Index" which is located under the resources tab.