Duncan True Matte 5 760 Desert Sunset 473ml
True Matte 5 Glazes portray the colour and durability you desire at mid-range (cone 5-6). The colours present a soft, porcelain finish and can be used on a variety of clays, each providing distinctive, modern effects.
- True Matte 5 Glazes are for mid-range firings. Their numbering has a TM5 on the label.
- This glaze family is food safe and nontoxic.
- Can be layered with other glazes for interesting effects.
How To Use:
- Apply 2-3 flowing coats to stoneware or porcelain that has been bisque fired to cone 04.
- Dry foot piece.
- Do not stilt when firing.
- Fire to cone 5-6.
- Clean brushes with water.
Crater effects – Use Cassius Basaltic clay to create a unique crater effect. See what the body does with full coverage application at the lip, mid application on the hips, and minimal application near the foot.
Applying Clear Glaze – Create a darker, glossy hue by applying Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze over True Matte 5 Glazes. Pure Brilliance® is formulated for cone 06 firing, but can withstand firing temperatures up to cone 6. It is recommended to create a test tile prior to application on your project to ensure desired results.
Be sure to read the label to make sure you are applying the right glaze to the right clay body.