The principle behind Graffito is that works exactly like carbon paper. The Graffito sheets are embedded with a ceramic underglaze that will transfer to bisqueware when drawn upon using a pen or pencil. This means that any image or photograph can be transferred to your ceramic piece. However, unlike carbon paper, Graffito colours remain after firing.
Sheet Size: 23cm Square
Pack Size: 6 sheets
Colours: Orange, red, turquoise, violet, white and yellow
Firing Temp: Fires Between Cone 06-8, Pink 06-4
1. Select a piece of artwork, preferably on lighter weight paper that you would like to transfer to your ceramic bisque piece. Appropriate materials for artwork include: newspaper images, photocopies or computer printouts of images.
2. Trim a strip of Graffito paper to the size of your artwork.
3. Lay the Graffito paper on your ceramic bisque piece. Either side of the paper will work.
4. Lay the artwork over the Graffito paper. (You can use several pieces of transparent tape to secure your artwork and Graffito to the ceramic bisque piece while you do your tracing).
5. Trace the artwork through the Graffito on to ceramic bisque using a ball-point pen or pencil.
6. Fire at Cone 013 prior to glazing. This burns off the wax within the product.
7. Then glaze and fire to the desired temperature and apply a clear glaze to finish.