Mayco Foundations Opaque Glaze FN019 Dark Blue 118ml
Mayco’s Foundations Opaque Glazes offer a broad palette of colours that produce a beautiful, smooth high gloss finish and can be intermixed to create custom colours.
Foundations glazes dry quickly, allowing immediate additional decorating and same day firing.
Firing Range: Cone 06 - Cone 6
Food Safety: Foundations are AP Non-Toxic, Food Safe and Dinnerware Safe when used according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Shake well, for 5-6 seconds before use.
- Apply 3-4 coats to shelf cone 04 bisque (1060° C).
- Let dry and fire to shelf cone 06 (999° C).
- Fires to a gloss finish.
- Foundations dry quickly - great for easy handling, additional decoration and same day firing
- Intermixable for custom colour creation
- Compatible with Mayco Stroke & Coats - with many coordinating colours between the ranges
- Steadfast Application - Foundations will not dissolve or "pick up" previous coats of glaze
- Can be applied to greenware or leather-hard clay. We recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom, to allow outgassing during the firing process
- Can be applied with brush, sponge stamp
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous and food safe
- For large areas, use of a soft fan brush is recommended, applying coats in one direction to minimise brush marks.
- Many Foundations can be fired to higher temperatures and still maintain their colour. Check the individual colour label for performance at cone 6.