Mayco Foundations Sheer Glaze FN204 Saddle Tan 118ml
This soft translucent tan glaze will add a tint of color to your work, allowing surface textures or design to show through at cone 06 and lightens in colour at cone 6.
Foundations glazes dry quickly, allowing immediate additional decorating and same day firing.
Firing Range: Cone 06 - Cone 6
Food Safety: Foundations are AP Non-Toxic, Food Safe and Dinnerware Safe when used according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Shake well, for 5-6 seconds before use.
- Apply 3-4 coats to shelf cone 04 bisque (1060° C).
- Let dry and fire to shelf cone 06 (999° C).
- Fires to a matte/satin finish.
- Soft translucent tint of colour which allows surface textures or designs to show through.
- Stable and non-moving.
- Dries quickly for same day firing.
- Colour will gloss at higher temperatures but maintain colour.
- Great for glaze combinations, particularly contrast in finish.
- Compatible with Stroke & Coats.
- Can be applied to greenware or leather-hard clay. We recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom, to allow outgassing during the firing process
- Can be applied with brush, sponge stamp.
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous and food safe.
- For large areas, use of a soft fan brush is recommended, applying coats in one direction to minimise brush marks.
- Many Foundations can be fired to higher temperatures and still maintain their colour. Check the individual colour label for performance at cone 6.