The Iguana is powered with reliable extra heavy-duty elements. This results in long element life, because the elements do not “struggle” to reach high temperatures. 10,800 watts heat the 118L interior to a full cone 10.
Easy to Load
The Front Loading Iguana is easy on the back muscles. With the optional 56cm stand, the interior floor height is a comfortable 87cm.
Industrial-gauge elements are seated and protected in dropped, recessed firebrick grooves. The elements are easy to replace, because you can comfortably reach into the kiln.
Potters and ceramists who struggle with top-loading kilns will enjoy the Iguana. The door swings open wide on a heavy ½” steel rod with sealed bearings. A spring-loaded latch presses the door tightly closed. A recessed firebrick lip around the door seals in heat.
The Sentry digital controller is manufactured by Orton Ceramic Foundation. It is unsurpassed in reliability for a controller in its price range. It includes a programmed cool-down, Cone-Fire and Ramp-Hold modes, and is capable of accepting types K, R, or S thermocouples. A type-K thermocouple with an Inconel sheath comes standard. We also recommend the optional Type-S for stoneware and porcelain.
- Voltage: 415V
- Safety Switch: Fitted
- Power Type: 3 Phase
- Maximum Temperature: Cone 10 (approx. 1287ºC / 2350ºF)
- Internal Width: 45.7cm (18")
- Internal Depth: 45.7cm (18")
- Internal Height: 57.2cm (22.5")
- Volume: 118 L
- External Dimensions: 91.4cm (W) x 79.5cm (D) x 152.4cm (H) (height includes a 56cm tall stand)
- Stand: Included
- Power Cord: Not included – please consult your electrician for installation options.
- Shipping Dimensions: 1194W x 1092D x 1067H mm
- Shipping Weight: 192.78kg
- Warranty: 2 year limited, replacement parts only (conditions apply).
- Kiln Furniture: Available separately
- Saves electricity with 3” firebricks
- Type-K thermocouple with ¼” sheath, or optional type-S
- Sentry 2.0 controller with programmed cool-down
- Two tapered peepholes in the side give a wide view of the interior with little heat loss
- Proportional power elements for more even heating
- Heavy-gauge steel completely covers the bottom under the firebricks for extra strength
- 1 ½” air gap between the switch box and kiln; electrical components stay cool and last longer
- Built-in fuse protects the controller
- Four hand-lifts
Picking up your kiln from our warehouse? If opting for local pickup, please note the shipping weight and dimensions of the kiln provided above to ensure your vehicle will be suitable for transport.