Suitable for: Pottery, Ceramics & Glass (Multi-Purpose)
The Paragon Janus 1613 Ceramic, Pottery and Glass Kiln is a great kiln for ceramists and glass enthusiasts alike. It fires to Cone 10, has a lid element to ensure even heating and all while operating on single phase power.
A 20Amp plug is required and an electrician can do this for you once the kiln is in-situ.
Glass slumping and fusing, use of earthenware or stoneware clay are all possible in the Paragon Janus 1613 Kiln.
The Paragon Janus 1613 enables the operator to switch from ceramic to glass mode in an instant. In glass mode, heat is generated by the sidewall and lid elements combined for a more even heat in a temperature sensitive glass firing. In Ceramic mode the heat comes from the sidewalls only.
Kiln stand included! This kiln includes a heavy duty deluxe rolling stand with locking casters, a mounting bracket for the Orton Kiln Vent and a greenware drying rack. Simply load your greenware on the lower shelf and the heat from the kiln will dry the ware for the next firing.
- Voltage: 240V
- Amps: 20A
- Power Type: Single Phase
- Maximum Temperature: Cone 10* (approx. 1287ºC / 2350ºF)
- Internal Width: 419mm (16.5")
- Internal Height: 337mm (13.25")
- Volume: 49.55 L
- Power Cord: Included
- External Dimensions: 648mm (L) x 826mm (W) x 737mm (H) (25.5" x 32.5" x 29")
- Kiln Stand: Includes a 457mm x 457mm x 305mm (18" x 18" x 12") high stand with locking casters, vent bracket and greenware drying shelf. Assembly required.
- Shipping Dimensions: 914W x 914D x 864H mm
- Shipping Weight: 92.99kg
- Warranty: 1 year limited, replacement parts only (conditions apply).
*Although the Janus 1613 is capable of reaching Cone 10, continuous firing to this temperature will reduce the lifespan of the kiln. For potters requiring ongoing high firing temperatures we would recommend a three phase kiln. Alternatively, there are many types of clay with lower firing temperatures.
As Paragon kilns are imported directly from the USA, pricing is subject to fluctuations in the conversion rate of the US Dollar. Customers are welcome to request a quote when considering a kiln purchase.
Note: External dimensions provided for the kiln also include the height of included kiln stand(s).