Mayco Specialty Glaze SG302 Snowfall 473ml
Create fluffy, snow-like effects with this specialty glaze. Snowfall is perfect for creating designs and dimensional scenes when used with a writer-tip bottle, or create textured surfaces by layering Snowfall with other non-toxic glazes.
Firing Range: Cone 06 to Cone 6
- Cone 06 oxidation: Creates a white, textured surface.
- Cone 6 oxidation: No change.
Although Snowfall was designed to be fired to cone 06, Snowfall may be fired to higher temperatures to add a puffy texture to mid-range fire designs. Snowfall will perform the same in mid-range firings.
- Mix well.
- Apply 2 or more coats over unfired glazes, shelf cone 04 bisque (1060°C), greenware or clay.
- Can be applied with a soft brush or sponge. For dimensional effects, apply using a Writer Tip.
- Fire to shelf cone 06 (999°C).
- Snowfall is a non moving glaze and, as such, application methods (brushing, detailer bottle/slip trailer) have an impact on the fired result.
- To create colored snowfall, brush Stroke & Coat® or Foundations® glaze of choice over the white snowfall and fire. For a 3-dimensional design, use snowfall over a stencil.
Food Safety: Snowfall has been certified as Non-Toxic, safe for use by artists of all ages when used according to manufacturer’s directions. However, Snowfall is not recommended for dinnerware as it exhibits surface textures such as cracks and crevices. While the glazed surface may pass lead & cadmium leach tests, and therefore legally considered Food Safe, attempts to adequately clean the textured surface may cause the underlying porous ware to absorb water and fail. Recommended for ornamental use only.
Low-Fire Specialty Glazes at Cone 6