Amaco High Fire Glaze HF9 Zinc-Free Clear 473ml is a glossy glaze recommended for use with underglazes to reduce the incidence of colour shift. Most underglazes, stains, and colouring oxides will show their best colour with Zinc-Free Clear.
The High Fire Cone 5 glaze series combines your favorites from the legacy Sahara and Celebration glaze lines. High Fire glazes produce interesting effects in both oxidation and reduction and should be brush-applied to bisque ware fired to Cone 04 for the best results.
Firing Range: Cone 5/6
Food Safety: AP Food-safe and Dinnerware Safe when fired. Tableware producers must test all finished ware to establish dinnerware status, due to possible variations in firing temperature and contamination.
- Mix well.
- Apply to cone 04 bisque.
- Fire to cone 5/6 as follows.
- Cone 5 = 1184°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Cone 6 = 1241°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
See product label for additional firing and application information for individual glazes.
- Reliable glaze for Stoneware and Porcelain
- Enhances many glazes, allowing them to show their best colours!
- Food Safe
Note: A small selection of colours may be muted with HF-9 Zinc-Free Clear. They include V-315 Peach, V-316 Light Pink, and V-323 Salmon.