Amaco Potters Choice Flux Glaze PCF74 River Birch 472ml is a glossy cream glaze with runny dark specks like the bark of a tree. It breaks across textured surfaces and develops a peachy float when thick.
It is great for layering with other glazes as a base or top coat. And beautifully accentuates texture on both light and dark clays. Very fluid at cone 5, more so at cone 6.
Firing Range: Cone 5/6
Food Safety: AP Food-safe and Dinnerware Safe when fired. Tableware producers must test all finished ware to establish dinnerware status, due to possible variations in firing temperature and contamination.
See product label for additional firing and application information for individual glazes.
- Shake/Mix well.
- Apply 3 coats of glaze to cone 04 bisque ware.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire to cone 5/6 as follows.
- Cone 5 = 1184°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Cone 6 = 1241°C (at 150°C/hour for the final 100°C of firing)
- Lovely, fluid glaze, beautiful on textured surfaces where the glazes can break and show the
clay body colour.
- AP food-safe and dinnerware safe once fired.
- Can be used in conjunction with other Amaco glazes for endless creative options.
- Can be used alone or layered to soften the colours of other glazes and increase flow.
Glazing with Amaco Potters Choice Flux glazes!