Mayco Jungle Gems Glaze CG1007 Blueberry Bubblegum 473ml is a non-toxic crystal and glaze combination in a jar. At Cone 06 oxidation, it has an opaque bright blue base with orange, yellow, and blue crystals.
Mayco Jungle Gems Crystal Glazes contain rock-like crystals made from glass frit that produce dramatic colourful effects as they burst and flow during the firing process.
Their usage is almost endless in decorating possibilities and is limited only by your imagination.
Firing Range: Cone 06/05
Mayco Jungle Gems Crystal Glazes have been formulated to mature at cone 06/05. However many can be fired at higher temperatures.
At Cone 6 oxidation Blueberry Bubblegum's base glaze lightens; crystals cascade. Enhanced mobility. Surface issues may occur.
- Shake jar well and stir before each application to keep crystals evenly distributed.
- Using a fan brush, apply three even coats shelf cone 04 (1060° C) bisque, allowing too dry between coats.
- Avoid placing crystals on the bottom of the piece.
- Fire to shelf cone 06 (999° C).
Food Safe, Non-Toxic and Non-Hazardous when used according to manufacturers directions. May not be suitable for dinnerware due to surface characteristics. For more information, please refer to the product brochure and SDS.
- At higher temperatures, Mayco Jungle Gems Crystal Glazes which are already prone to move will flow more. The crystals will lose some of their definition and act more as a blending agent. You will want to be careful about placing glaze too close to the bottom of your piece - in addition to stilting you may want to put a tile or a piece of scrap bisque beneath the piece to prevent glaze from running onto your kiln shelves.
All about Mayco Jungle Gem Glazes