Mayco PC602 White Cascade 118ml
Achieve high fire looks at low fire temperatures with Mayco's White Cascade 118ml.
Commonly used by low-fire designers who seek to simulate effects of higher fire glazes. Mayco's AP Non-Toxic Food Safe and Dinnerware Safe Cascades can be used to replicate the flowing movement once achieved by using leaded glazes.
Apply 1-2 coats with a brush or sponge, under or over another glaze. You can influence the direction of the flow or create a pattern by how you apply the glazes. Allow to dry thoroughly. Fire to cones 06/05. To prevent the glaze from running off your vertical pieces do not apply Pottery Cascades to the bottom third of the piece.
- Shake for 5-6 seconds before use.
- Dispense glaze onto a palette (tile, plate, etc.) and apply with your brush or decorating accessory of choice (sponge, stamp, etc.).
- We advise against dipping your brush directly into the jar to avoid contamination, particularly if you are using one brush to layer Pottery Cascades over other glazes.
- We recommend that you do not apply Pottery Cascade™ to the lowest third of your piece as these glazes WILL move. Vertical pieces require more attention to this detail than horizontal pieces.
- Pottery Cascade glazes were designed to mature at a shelf cone 06 (999° C). Make sure the glaze has dried thoroughly prior to firing. A medium ramp/firing rate is recommended (250°F per hour).
- Avoid applying Pottery Cascade on lower third of piece as glaze will move.
- PC601 Clear Cascade is the most fluid of the Cascade products, requiring care in application.
- PC602 White Cascade moves the least.
- Pottery Cascades are luster compatible.
- Shake well.
- For a flowing effect, brush on 1-2 coats over or under other non-toxic glazes on shelf cone 04 bisque (1060° C). Do not apply on bottom half of piece.
- Let dry.
- Fire to shelf cone 06 (999° C).