This 30” Slab Roller Package from North Star is a product of outstanding quality.
Purpose built for its function, North Star has put everything necessary into this apparatus to ensure ease of use and the overall longevity of the product.
Much like the wringer of an old-fashioned washing machine, the Slab Roller works by using two textured rollers which grip an accompanying canvas, this canvas in turn pulls the clay through the rollers creating a slab. All with the simple turn of the wagon wheel handle.
The design gives great flexibility in making slabs of varying clays and thicknesses and includes a two-point thickness adjustment to make this process a breeze.
Slabs can be rolled in either direction and can also be reversed. A wide variety of texturing materials and objects may also be passed through the machine along with the clay to create unique effects.
~ Assembly is required to put together this package ~
- 60"/152.4cm (L) x 34"/86.3cm (W) x 36"/91.4 (Table Height)
- 30" Slab Roller
- Steel frame table
- Tabletop (2 Sections)
- Wagon wheel handle
- Easy to follow assembly instructions
- Body & Rollers: Machined high-strength alloy
- Gears: Nylon or Steel
- Bushings: Nylon
- Table frame: 14-gauge Steel
- Tabletop: Moisture-resistant Medex with a melamine surface
- All Metal Surfaces: Zinc plated or coated with a durable powder coat finish
Remaining parts (except plastic gear covers and knobs) are machined steel.
- Every part has been carefully designed and made for its intended purpose. No off-the-shelf or inferior parts or material.
- Rust free and virtually maintenance free.
- No clumsy heavy shims or boards.
- No chains, cables or cast-iron gears.
- Thickness infinitely variable from 0 to 2-3/4 inches.
- Slabs can be rolled in either direction and clay can be added or subtracted at any time.
- The length of the slab is limited only by the space and canvas available.
- Tapered slabs are quick, easy and precise.
- Warping, curling and cracking are drastically reduced.
- Accepts press molds and a wide variety of texturing material such as burlap, plant materials, rope, cork and bark.