To replace an existing clock movement, we recommend measuring the thread length and overall shaft length of your old movement and selecting one of similar measurements. Alternately, by measuring the thickness of your clock face and allowing an additional 3mm for the nut, washer and hanger you can choose a suitable thread length to accommodate the total clearance.
To assemble your clock:
1. If using a hanger, place this over the raised collar.
2. Place the rubber washer onto the shaft.
3. Insert shaft through clock face from the back and ensure it is positioned correctly.
4. Thread the brass washer onto the shaft, followed by the brass nut. Tighten until finger tight.
5. Gently press the hour hand onto the shaft and position at 12 o’clock.
6. Then press the minute hand onto the shaft and position at 12 o’clock.
7. Press sweep hand gently onto the pin inside the shaft (optional)
8. Make sure there is clearance between the hands. You may need to bend the hands slightly to ensure that they do not catch on each other or on any design elements.
*All Ceramicraft Clock Movements are compatible with Ceramicraft Clock Hands, however we cannot guarantee compatibility with other Clock Hands.