Mayco Elements Chunkies Glaze EL211 Volcanic Glow
Inspired by aspects of nature, Mayco Elements Chunkies produce lush, organic, and earthy hues. This high performance art glaze gives the artist a wide variety of options in one product as application, firing temperature and shape will influence the outcome. Elements and Element Chunkies were designed to simulate the aesthetic, movement and interest of mid-range and high fire glazes in a cone 06/05 oxidation kiln firing.
As movement and flowing are characteristics of these glazes, taper off toward the bottom of the ware to prevent glazes running off the piece onto kiln shelves. Mayco Elements Chunkies can be fired at higher temperatures but will change in appearance. We recommend testing prior to use
- Apply 3 coats to shelf cone 04 (1060° C) bisque using a soft fan brush. Allow to dry between coats.
- Fire to shelf cone 06 (999° C).
Tips and Techniques
- NOTE: Firing temperature, length of fire and number of coats will produce colour and surface variations.
- Do not spray apply without proper personal protective equipment. Food Safe, Non Toxic and Non Hazardous when used according to manufacturers directions.
- May not be suitable for food surfaces due to surface characteristics. For more information, refer to SDS