Mayco Elements Chunkies Glaze EL209 Night Sky
Inspired by aspects of nature, Mayco Elements Chunkies produce lush, organic, and earthy hues. This high performance art glaze gives the artist a wide variety of options in one product as application, firing temperature and shape will influence the outcome. Elements and Element Chunkies were designed to simulate the aesthetic, movement and interest of mid-range and high fire glazes in a cone 06/05 oxidation kiln firing.
As movement and flowing are characteristics of these glazes, glaze should be applied in a tapered manner toward the bottom of the ware to prevent glazes running off the piece onto kiln shelves.
Many Elements can also create beautiful effects when used with stoneware in a cone 6 firing environment. We recommend testing to determine colour, surface characteristics, movement and compatibility with your cone 6 clay body prior to use.
Firing Range: Cone 05/06 - Cone 6
- Apply 3 coats to shelf cone 04 (1060° C) bisque using a soft fan brush. Allow to dry between coats.
- Fire to shelf cone 06 (999° C).
Tips and Techniques
- NOTE: Firing temperature, length of fire and number of coats will produce colour and surface variations.
- Do not spray apply without proper personal protective equipment. Food Safe, Non Toxic and Non Hazardous when used according to manufacturers directions.
- May not be suitable for food surfaces due to surface characteristics. For more information, refer to SDS