Mayco Stoneware Glaze SW106 Alabaster 473ml
Easy to use and available in a variety of textures and finishes, Mayco’s assortment of Stoneware Glazes provide endless possibilities for glaze combinations, and offer depth, sophistication and reliability to the ceramic community working from mid-range to high fire temperatures.
Mayco Stoneware Matte glazes provide a variety of colours and performance characteristics.
Some matte glazes have opaque solid coverage and others are semi-transparent and variegated.
Application thickness is key to making Stoneware Matte glazes work for you.
Firing Range: Cone 5-10
Food Safety: All Mayco Stoneware glazes are dinnerware safe when used according to manufacturer’s directions, except where noted by the “Not Dinnerware Safe” icon. This may be due to surface durability or texture of fired surface.
Please check the stoneware brochure or individual product packaging for specific food safety labelling.
- Stir well.
- Apply to soft-fired bisque (cone 04/06).
- Apply one, two or three coats depending on the result desired.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire from cone 5/6-10.
See label for additional firing information for individual glazes and cone 10 performances.
- Endless creative possibilities!
- Mayco Stoneware glazes work great in combination with each other, layered both under and over other glazes.
- Many other Mayco products will perform well at mid-range in combination with Stoneware glazes, including Stroke & Coat, Elements, Jungle Gems and Designer Liners.
- Suitable for use on different clay bodies. Glazes will perform differently based on clay body used. Testing is recommended prior to application to artwork.
Note: Main chip image has been fired to cone 6 oxidation on white stoneware body.