Mayco Stoneware Glaze SW510 Blue Gloss 473ml
Easy to use and available in a variety of textures and finishes, Mayco’s assortment of Stoneware Glazes provide endless possibilities for glaze combinations, and offer depth, sophistication and reliability to the ceramic community working from mid-range to high fire temperatures.
Mayco’s Stoneware Gloss glazes produce bright, opaque colours with a high gloss finish. Stoneware Gloss glazes can be used in design, all over coverage and are the ideal product for intermixability at mid-range temperatures. The integrity of your design will remain unchanged as these glazes are incredibly stable and will not move or combine with surrounding colours.
As with all Stoneware Glazes, Mayco Gloss glazes work well on a variety of clay bodies and have a firing range from cone 5 to cone 10, however some colours withing the gloss range will change slightly at higher temperatures.
Firing Range: Cone 5-10
Food Safety: All Mayco Stoneware glazes are dinnerware safe when used according to manufacturer’s directions, except where noted by the “Not Dinnerware Safe” icon. This may be due to surface durability or texture of fired surface.
Please check the stoneware brochure or individual product packaging for specific food safety labelling.
- Stir well.
- Apply to soft-fired bisque (cone 04/06).
- Apply one, two or three coats depending on the result desired.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire from cone 5/6-10.
See label for additional firing information for individual glazes and cone 10 performances.
- Endless creative possibilities!
- Mayco Stoneware glazes work great in combination with each other, layered both under and over other glazes.
- Many other Mayco products will perform well at mid-range in combination with Stoneware glazes, including Stroke & Coat, Elements, Jungle Gems and Designer Liners.
- Suitable for use on different clay bodies. Glazes will perform differently based on clay body used. Testing is recommended prior to application to artwork.
Note: Main chip image has been fired to cone 6 oxidation on white stoneware body. Stoneware firing range cone 5 - 10.