The North Star Big Blue Extruder does not look like or work like any others.
It is designed to be simple and safe yet powerful. This model features a 15cm x 15cm x 30cm (6" x 6" x 12") aluminium barrel that holds a full 11kg pug of clay and can produce extrusions up to 11cm x 11cm (4 1/2" x 4 1/2"), without an expansion box.
With this extruder, there are no heavy bars or levers to injure head or feet, no hydraulic pumps or air compressors with their inherent hazards. Instead, it is entirely hand driven. Turning the large handle drives a compound rack-and-pinion gear box which dramatically reduces the force needed to make an extrusion. No more than thirteen kilograms (kgf) of force at the handle is needed to make an average extrusion!
- The Simplest, Safest Extruders
- Wagon Wheel Handle
- The barrel and die simply lift out as a unit (no tools required) so that cleaning, changing dies and loading can be done while you sit or stand comfortably at your work bench.
- The Wagon Wheel Handle is held in place by a quick release pin. It is removed with a pull so the handle can be quickly set aside whenever it is in the way.
Large Basic Hollow Die Set Included
Included with the Extruder you will receive Northstar's Large Basic Die Set and brace which contains the following 6" dies:
- 992A Round: 4 1/2" OD hollow
- 992B Square: 4 1/2" OD hollow
- 992C Hex: 4 1/2" OD hollow
- 1 x Customisable blank die
All dies are made of 3/4" Thick HDPE Polyethylene Plastic, and are CNC Machined for exact shapes.
For further instructions please refer to the Big Blue Extruder Instruction Manual available in the Resources tab above.