Mayco Stoneware Glaze SW119 Cinnabar 473ml
Mayco’s Stoneware Classic glazes satisfy a variety of performance and colour selections that range from bright and vibrant to earthy and subdued. Our Stoneware glazes provide a variety of finishes, movement, and variation.
Some glazes are high gloss, opaque, and flat in colour, while others have a more complex surface that is varied in both finish and colour.
The Stoneware Classic glazes also include Opals and Ice (translucent) glazes. These glazes heighten surface details where they gather and pool, work well on a variety of clay bodies and have a firing range from cone 5-10.
Firing Range: Cone 5-10
Food Safety: All Mayco Stoneware glazes are dinnerware safe when used according to manufacturer’s directions, except where noted by the “Not Dinnerware Safe” icon. This may be due to surface durability or texture of fired surface.
Please check the stoneware brochure or individual product packaging for specific food safety labelling.
- Stir well.
- Apply to soft-fired bisque (cone 04/06).
- Apply one, two or three coats depending on the result desired.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire from cone 5/6-10.
See label for additional firing information for individual glazes and cone 10 performances.
- Endless creative possibilities!
- Mayco Stoneware glazes work great in combination with each other, layered both under and over other glazes.
- Many other Mayco products will perform well at mid-range in combination with Stoneware glazes, including Stroke & Coat, Elements, Jungle Gems and Designer Liners.
- Suitable for use on different clay bodies. Glazes will perform differently based on clay body used. Testing is recommended prior to application to artwork.
Note: Main chip image has been fired to cone 6 oxidation on white stoneware body.