Mayco Stoneware Glaze SW189 Cenote 473ml
Easy to use and available in a variety of textures and finishes, Mayco’s assortment of Stoneware Glazes provide endless possibilities for glaze combinations, and offer depth, sophistication and reliability to the ceramic community working from mid-range to high fire temperatures.
Mayco’s Stoneware Crystal glazes are a unique line of glazes that contain colourful crystals in the glazes themselves that are designed to melt and bloom during the firing.
These crystals add variation in colour, finish, and movement to the glazes that you already know and love!
All Stoneware Crystal glazes begin with a base glaze (oftenfrom the stoneware range) which islisted on the product label.
Firing Range:Cone 5-10
Food Safety:All Mayco Stoneware glazes are dinnerware safe when used according to manufacturer’s directions, except where noted by the “Not Dinnerware Safe” icon. This may be due to surface durability or texture of fired surface.
Please check the stoneware brochure or individual product packaging for specific food safety labelling.
Stoneware Crystal Glaze Instructions:
- Crystal glazes are designed to expand upon the surface with dazzling bursts of colour.
- Crystals will settle to the bottom of the jar and will need thorough mixing prior to initial use and in between each coat.
- Apply two to three coats using a fan brush. While the glaze is wet, use your brush to redistribute crystals to achieve balanced coverage. Over-application of the crystals can cause pinholing or running.
- Avoid placing crystals near the bottom third of a vertical piece as they may cause additional movement during firing.
- Stir well.
- Apply to soft-fired bisque (cone 04/06).
- Apply one, two or three coats depending on the result desired.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- Fire from cone 5/6-10.
See label for additional firing information for individual glazes and cone 10 performances.
- Endless creative possibilities!
- Mayco Stoneware glazes work great in combination with each other, layered both under and over other glazes.
- Many other Mayco products will perform well at mid-range in combination with Stoneware glazes, including Stroke & Coat, Elements, Jungle Gems and Designer Liners.
- Suitable for use on different clay bodies. Glazes will perform differently based on clay body used. Testing is recommended prior to application to artwork.
Note: Main chip image has been fired to cone 6 oxidation on white stoneware body.
Glaze Profile - SW189 Cenote
How to Brush on Stoneware Glazes
Only tried once so far but will definitely be using on some additional pieces
Was this review helpful?