Mayco Wash SW303 Manganese 118ml
Mayco’s Washes are versatile in use and firing range. They can be used alone as a body stain or surface treatment or used over or under other glazes - perfect for image transfer techniques and line work.
Mayco Washes will perform in firing temperatures from cone 06-cone 10, making it possible for them to be applied to earthenware or stoneware clay bodies. Testing is recommended prior to use.
For more information on Mayco Washes, please view the Mayco Studio Wash Guide which can be found under the resources tab.
Firing Range: Cone 06 - 9/10
- Food safe; however textural surfaces created via combinations with other glazes may not be suitable for food surfaces.
- Available in iron, rutile (titanium dioxide), manganese, copper and cobalt.
- Highly concentrated: small amounts, thinned with water, will go a long way
- Shake for 5-6 seconds before use. Stir well.
- Dispense amount needed into a separate container and thin with water. Dispensing the glaze onto a palette (tile, plate, etc.) - helps prevent against contamination of the contents in the jar.
- For all-over coverage: brush on 1 to 2 coats; allow to dry in-between each coat.
- Washes are concentrated – adding water is recommended. Mix only the amount you plan to use in one session.
- Can be fired from cone 06 to cone 9/10. Washes can be applied to greenware and bisque.
- The choice of clay body, thickness of glaze application, firing process and temperature will affect the fired results. Always test in your kiln, on your clay body.
How to Brush on Stoneware Glazes